I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Little Golf Never Hurt Anyone

Hey Mom,

It's been a very eventful week. Time has just been flying by, and I can't believe my stay here in Whitehorse might be over! I finally got to play a little golf last P-Day, and it was really fun. I was stiff and rusty, but we still had fun. Today we were thinking of going out again, but it started snowing! I've heard it's snowed in July here before, so I'm definitely not surprised.

Well, the week before was extremely slow and it was hard to stay busy. This week was the complete opposite! We had a great week, and there is a woman we are teaching who just accepted a date in June to be baptized! We just started teaching her last Monday, but she has a strong desire to have the blessings of the gospel that come through baptism. We will be excited to help her along the way. We also finally got all of the senior couple's belongings shipped down to Utah. It's so nice to have room to walk in our apartment. Let's just hope that it can make it through the border and not get sent back! We've been able to do a lot of service this week. We spent a lot of Wednesday helping Holly's husband Chris put up a ceiling in their basement, and we will finish it this Wednesday.

Yesterday was Stake conference for our stake, the Juneau Stake, and one of the young men here traveled to Juneau (our branch president's son) to give a talk at the conference. President and Sister Dance were also there and gave talks. We watched it here in Whitehorse over the telecom. I haven't done that before for stake conference, but it was interesting. Well, It's been a great week, and I'm sure this week will be another good one! The Lord has been blessing us greatly here!

Love Mat