I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Baptisms!

Hey Mom,

I can't believe the palm trees are already torn out. That would be a huge project. I'm going to miss those things. That's crazy that Eric's mission call gets in soon. It will be exciting to hear where he is going.

It's been a really busy and exciting week and especially weekend! Holly and Christopher Thompson are both baptized and confirmed members of the church! Saturday was a great day. We went to the church really early to start filling the font, but the hot water heater doesn't work very well so we spent almost five hours boiling pots of water on the stove in the kitchen and dumping them into the ice cold water to try and heat it up a little. We thought it would get warmer than it did, but I didn't know until I walked down into the water. It was freezing! It took my breath away for a second because I didn't expect it to be that cold. I had the opportunity to baptize Christopher first, and then I also baptized Holly. It was funny to see her reaction when she walked down into the font and felt how cold the water was. It was a really great day, and it's so awesome to see 3 of the 4 members of their family now members of the church. They were both confirmed by Elder Stephens, and it was amazing to see the change in the countenances of both Holly and Christopher when we visited them after church. Especially Holly. She seems so happy and bright. I'm so grateful and blessed that I was able to start teaching them and see them both baptized and confirmed. We definitely had the Lord's help. They will both be awesome members of the church.

The work is going great here, and I've been learning so much. I'm so thankful for the opportunity I've had to come to this mission and participate in so many amzing things! It's definitely life changing; for me and for those I've been blessed to teach and serve. The gospel is full of so many awesome blessings! I hope you're all doing well! Have a great week!

Love Mat