I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Staying in Whitehorse

So it was another interesting week as always is the case in Whitehorse. Last P-day we spent some time playing and recording music at Bro. McDonald's again. It's always fun. We are going over there again today to play more. It's going to be hard when I have to leave this place and won't get to play anymore.

So Holly and Christopher are both getting baptized on April 10th! I can't remember if I mentioned that last week or not. I'm really looking forward to seeing both of them enter the waters of baptism and be confirmed members of the church. This will be the first time on my mission that I will get to see someone I started teaching get baptized. They are a great family. On Wednesday we helped Holly's husband Chris put in a drop ceiling in their basement. We didn't finish so we are going again this week to help him finish. He's a good guy, and we always have fun at their house. We also taught Robert again this week, and he had finished reading the entire Book of Mormon! It was awesome to see that he accomplished that, and had hand written like 30 pages of notes, but it was a little sad to see him still skeptical about all of it. We taught him the importance of prayer and faith, and had a great lesson. It's amazing to see how even when someone has been given (and read) such an awesome witness of the Savior like the Book of Mormon they still can't feel that it's true unless they pray and ask our Father in Heaven if it really is true. I know that once Robert feels the Spirit he will know for sure that it is the word of God.

Well, it's the beginning of a new transfer, and probably my last in Whitehorse. It's going to be really hard to leave, but I know if I work my hardest it will feel right to move on to another area to serve. I've been greatly blessed to serve in Whitehorse, and have the experiences I've been able to have here. Well have a great week!

Love Mat