I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Being a Missionary is Awesome!

Hey Mom,

How's Utah? Are you back in Vegas yet? It's good that you get all these mini vacations, if you want to call them that, and get to see Ty and everyone. Sounds like fun. Well, hopefully I get to stay here for one more transfer. I really love it in this area. There's a chance that I could leave at the end of this month, on I think the 28th, but I think I will stay one more.

Each week here I have some amazing experiences. The work was slower than usual this week, but we still had some amazing success. First of all, Holly, Nicole's mom, committed to be baptized!!! We're so excited! We're not quite sure when it will be, but Nicole's brother Christopher will be getting baptized on April 2. I'm so happy that their whole family is welcoming in the gospel into their lives. I can't wait to see them baptized! We're teaching a lot of people right now, more than double that I've ever taught at once on my mission. I can't believe how much the Lord has been blessing us.

On Thursday Elder Stephens and I were giving service at the Salvation Army serving the food at lunch, and he noticed a guy that was kind of eyeing us weird. I didn't notice it because I couldn't see him from where I was standing. Later that day we were walking into the hospital to give someone a blessing, and the same guy was approaching us from the hospital. He came and started talking to us right away, and said that he was too nervous to say something at the Salvation Army, but he was a less-active member and wanted to turn his life around and come back into the gospel. He had just moved in so he wasn't on the church records or anything. We went and saw him yesterday where he's living, and he's a really cool kid who sincerely wants to come back and participate in the gospel again. It was awesome to be able to help him out. This is the second time something like this has happened to me, if you remember my experience I had in Wasilla. The Lord definitely guides us to be in the right place at the right time to accomplish His purposes. I'm so grateful to be having these experiences. They are definitely changing the way I look at life and how I can be a help to others. Being a missionary is awesome!

Love Mat