I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello from the not quite finished Winter Wonderland

This week was a warm one. It was a blazing 30 - 40 degrees all week and the snow is all starting to melt. I almost wish shorts were allowed right now. Mom said this week it will be in the 90's in Vegas. I don't even know how hot that is anymore. 50's would be perfect. The week almost ended perfect, but then yesteday it started snowing, and we woke up to 6 more inches today. It can't snow when it's -40 because there is no moisture in the air, but now that it's warmed up I knew we would get some before it all melted. Oh well, winter will end someday. I'll enjoy it while I can.

Elder Bunch and I had a really good week, and we taught more this week then we ever have here in the past. We are still tracting a lot and trying to find the elect. I read a verse in 2 Timothy 2 yesterday where Paul says, "I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory." This kind of became my anthem for this area after I read it. The work here is definitely different from past areas, and takes a lot of faith and prayer, but we will endure all that is required of us to find, teach, and baptize the elect.


This week we had a specialized training where President and Sister Dance came up with Elder Piiparinen and Elder Starkie to do some training. It was good to see Elder Piiparinen again even though it's only been a month. I also had an interview with President Dance, and those are always great. Anyway, things continue to go great here in North Pole. I hope you all are doing great!

Love Elder Squires