I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Knocking on Doors

Well this week was so fast, and was great. Elder Bunch and I have been meeting tons of people, and working as hard as we can to find people to teach. We found three new people this week that we have started teaching, and we're excited about having more opportunities to teach. We've also been tracting a lot trying to find people. Elder Bunch loves to knock on doors, especially the ones that look more run down and dangerous. He loves having crazy stories to write home about. We've had a few experiences being yelled at, cussed at, and threatened, but that happens everywhere. Even so-he loves it. A few days ago we tried to contact a less-active member, who ended up not being home, and so we knocked on a few doors. When we started walking towards the first couple of houses, I pointed to one and said, "you take that house, and I'll take this one," and started walking towards the other house away from him. When I started walking away, he was confused and worried, and said, "aren't we companions?" I just laughed and turned around. It's all fun and games until you're without a companion! He thought it was pretty funny.

Yesterday at church, more callings were filled, and I imagine that the next few weeks will go the same as the new ward continues to get settled and organized. The people here are great though, and it is an awesome place to serve. The houses are a lot more spread out than other places, so the work is different, but it's a blast. I hope everyone is doing great.

Love Elder Squires