I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, April 25, 2011

I Can Almost Take Off My Jacket!

It is getting warm in Alaska, and once it hits 60 degrees I can finally take off my jacket. It's been in the 50's this week, and it's way too warm for a jacket. That sentence just reaffirms the fact that I am going to burn up when I get home. The members keep looking up the temps in Vegas on their iphones and it's always really hot. Darn technology.

Well, this week has been pretty good. The work has been great, and Elder Bunch and I have been having a blast teaching and finding. Easter was a good day. You'd think most Christians would have no problem talking about Jesus Christ on Easter, but some people were really angry to see us out working. We even tracted into an Easter party for another church at their pastor's house. There was a house on the street that had a bunch of cars in front, and so I told Elder Bunch we should knock it. I figured it was a party or a family get together. I thought it would be a good experience for Elder Bunch to share our message in front of a larger crowd. There were a few men standing outside the house, and they told us what the party was for. Elder Bunch started talking, but after hearing they were all from another church, he froze up and just turned and looked at me. I started talking to them, and as I did a bunch of people started coming out of the house for an egg hunt. I was just waiting for the pastor to come try and talk to us, but he never did. We finished talking to the three guys outside the house, and left. They didn't want a copy of the Book of Mormon, and they didn't want to be taught. Good times!

Well, I'm out of time for today, but I love you all, and have a great week!


Love Elder Squires