I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Holy Cow!

Well, it's another Monday, and I don't know what is happening to time. Every week is a blur. This week Elder Piiparinen and I were in Fairbanks for a couple of days, and we got to see a few of the recent converts that we taught.  It was great besides the fact that it was -37 F haha.  It was so fun to see them again and to see their progress. One will be going to BYU-I soon, and another has applied to BYU Provo. I love seeing the change that the gospel makes in the lives of those we teach.

After Fairbanks we spent a day in Wasilla, and it snowed the whole time we were at zone conference. On the way back we counted 8 cars within about a mile of each other that have run off the road into the ditch or on the median. I didn't share that to scare anyone, just to share how crazy Alaska is. One of those 8 was not me so no worries. Just another day in Alaska. Saturday and Sunday were really the only two days that we had this week to work in our area, and they were a great two days. We taught eleven lessons in those two days, and found some amazing people to teach.

Yesterday we started teaching a lady named Naomi. She was so excited to hear the lesson, and the member that was there was like, "holy cow she's ready to jump in the water." Then Naomi said, "no really, I'm ready to jump in the water!" It was a fun lesson because she was touched by the Spirit and understood what was taught. We also found a great part-member family that we are teaching. The work is going very well, and the Lord always provides for us. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. Seeya.


Love, Elder Squires