I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

It was a great Thanksgiving week. Elder Kerecman and I did a lot of tracting and walking around this week, and people were suprisingly less open than usual. We were expecting people to be more open around Thanksgiving, but I think people were just stressed out with everything that accompanies the holidays. Today Elder Kerecman and I started out the day moving some furniture for an investigator named Benjamin. We moved, and had some things we couldn't take that he wanted, so we moved it all to his apartment. Afterwards we taught him and had a great lesson. He is praying about the Book of Mormon and about baptism.

We had Thanksgiving with a member family, and it was a good day. An investigator named Andrew that we had met the day before Thanksgiving invited us to come over for Thanksgiving. He was having it alone, so we went over and had a great lesson. The turkey didn't get done in time, and we had to run, so we didn't get to eat with him, but it was a good visit. Holidays as a missionary are awesome. I've honestly never really focused too much on what we actually celebrate until I've come on a mission. Since you're not with family and doing normal holiday things, you learn to appreciate what the holiday is really about. I've definitely gained a better perspective than I had before.

Well, this week is going to be a good and very busy week as we get ready for transfers a week from tomorrow. I'll have the opportunity to go to the temple this week with President and Sister Dance. It's been a year and a half so I'm looking forward to it! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Love Elder Squires