I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Transfers!

The past week has been very eventful, and pretty nerve racking with transfer calls happening. But I'll get to that later--maybe it will make this email more suspenseful. Last P-Day I went on a pretty cool hike along the Yukon River. This place is gorgeous, and I wanted to make sure I got some really good pictures of it before it was too late. So that was fun. The week went by really fast, and the work is great. We taught Karen again, but Cecil was out of town. They are doing great and they are excited about the gospel. We also taught Virginia this week. She's always fun to be around. On Sunday she came to church and I think she enjoyed it. The Father's Day talks were great.

Well, transfers are this week! This will be my last email from Whitehorse. We were anticipating our transfer call all week, and it came yesterday (Monday). I had already felt that I would be leaving, especially since I've already been belssed enough to extend my time here once. President Dance told me that I would be going up to serve in Fairbanks, Alaska. I've heard that it's a great place. I'm really excited because I get to serve with my MTC companion again--Elder Piiparinen. President Dance laughed when he called me because he didn't realize that we had been MTC companions. I know I will enjoy Fairbanks, but I'm really going to miss Whitehorse. I've had an amazing time here, and I've been able to meet some wonderful people. I wouldn't trade my experiences here for anything; they've been great. This is a great place to be, and I love the people! Now I've been called to start a new adventure in Fairbanks, but I will never forget the amazing people I've known and the experiences I've had in Whitehorse.

Love Elder Squires

Note from Mat's Mom: Mat has never been one to toot his own horn--ever. So here's a little more info from his email to his Dad today: "President Dance called me to be a Zone Leader, and I'll be serving in the Fairbanks YSA (Young Single Adult) branch. I'm actually really excited about it because I'll be serving with my MTC companion, Elder Piiparinen. President Dance told me that Elder Piiparinen is exactly obedient, so I'm really excited to serve with him, and I know we'll work hard. " As Mat's parents, Steve and I are very proud of him. Mat is also exactly obedient and I know our family has been blessed because of that.