I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Baptism!

Caitlin was baptized and confirmed this weekend! We had a great time helping her prepare for it, and she was definitely ready to be baptized. She wore a nice baptismal dress that her mom adjusted to fit her, and her dad borrowed some white pants and a tie from Elder Stephens. He was really nervous to perform the baptism, but he did a great job. Caitlin's husband, brother, and mom were there to support her and they had a great experience. She asked me to confirm her a member of the church, and we did that yesterday during sacrament meeting. She is really excited to be a member, and she will be greatly blessed for her decision to be baptized and join this church. It was a great weekend!

On Saturday before the baptism we helped one of the members cut down dead tress around the curch and clean up the landscaping so it doesn't look messy. It's kinda funny to be cutting down and limbing big trees around the church here. I think the most work I did around the church in Vegas was kick some rocks and dirt back in it's place. It doesn't take much to clean up desert landscaping. After cleaning up and cutting all the trees, we had to hurry to be ready and have everything set up for the baptism. We were pretty tired by the end of the day.

We had some great success this week. Elder Stephens and I have been trying to get in contact with some less-active members for a long time that we were finally able to contact this week. It's amazing to see the Lord's hand in the work, and to know that you are being led to where you are supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there. I've learned here in Whitehorse that to be led by the Spirit you have to humble yourself or be humbled, and put your own will on the backburner. I've had great experiences on my mission where I've been led to those who need the gospel, and I know that it hasn't been mere luck or chance, but that the Lord truly has guided me and my companions to the honest seekers of the truth.

Love Mat