I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Fasting--It's Like Prayer on Steroids

Hey Mom,

It's been an extremely fast week. Elder Stephens and I have been working really hard, and we are seeing a lot of success. It's been really warm too. Yesterday it was like 5 Celcius which would be like probably almost 40 Fahrenheit. I've heard that February is always the worst month though, so maybe this is just the calm before the storm. Well, we've been teaching Nicole's little brother Chris a lot lately. He is a good kid, and he understands the doctrines of the lessons really well. He really enjoys coming to church and participating with the young men. Nicole's mom has been coming to church for the past few weeks too. She is awesome. Elder Stephens and I are making her birthday dinner this week. I invented the most amazing barbeque chicken recipe ever so I'm going to make that. They are an awesome family. This transfer has been a really awesome one. Whitehorse is an amazing place, and I'm really hoping I'll be able to stay here for the full 6 months.

Yesterday something really cool happened for Elder Stephens and I. We did a companionship fast instead of an individual one for Fast Sunday, and we saw immediate blessings from that fast. We've been asking the Lord to bless us with more people to teach, and yesterday at church a less-active member and his non-member wife came to church, and we were able to set up a time to meet with them last night. We started teaching his wife, and they are really excited. We also got told by our branch president here that someone had just moved into Whitehorse and called and wanted to start taking the discussions. Fasting is awesome! It's like prayer on steroids. We are excited for this last week of the transfer, and I think next transfer will be a busy one. Busier is always better. Well I'll talk to you guys next week!

Love Mat