I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Summer is Over

Valerie is having her baby in 3 days?!?!?! That is so soon! I've got butterflies right now just thinking about that. I need pics for sure asap. There's also something else I need asap before you leave for Utah por favor. It's getting really cold really fast, and most missionaires have normal coats and not the big overcoats because they look like trench coats and it can be intimidating when it's dark all the time to knock on someone's door and look like a hitman. I was going to buy a new coat here, but my Solomon snowboarding coat has kept me warm in well below zero before, and it would be a lot cheaper to ship that than to pay 200 bucks for a new coat, so I f you could send me that asap that would be awesome. Thanks! .

Alright, well I don't have a ton to write about, but I don't have much time so that's ok. On Monday we played football as a zone, and we have a big zone so it was pretty much 11 on 11 and was really fun. it started raining pretty hard when we were playing so we all got soaked and really tired. I took a nap after, and when I woke up I could hardly move I was so sore. I wish I was able to ride a bike, but there is just too much ground to cover each day, and it's getting cold so that wouldn't work. We've covered up to 130 miles in a day before in our truck, but usually it's around 60-80 miles. Today we took our truck in to get the studded tires put on because it's supposed to snow any day now here in the valley. At the beginning of the week it was still warm and in the 50's outside (haha that's warm now) and we were still wearing short sleeved shirts, but on Tuesday we woke up and the mountains were covered in snow. In one night summer and fall ended! So it's pretty cold now and Bro. Hale in our ward said the weather man predicted that it would snow today here. I don't think it will but by the end of the week we will probably have snow on the ground.

Wednesday we had Zone Conference and Elder Arnold of the First Quorum of the Seventy was there to instruct us. He is an extremely intense and bold man, and extremely inspired. He instructed us that the Book of Mormon is not used enough in missionary work, and we learned a ton. We have been using the Book of Mormon a lot more in our proselyting and the results are already a lot better. It gets people to talk to us more when we are more bold about our message and the Book of Mormon. I have a good feeling about the new twist we are taking on how we go about missionary work. We were also instructed heavily on extending committments. Again, we were told to be more bold when we extend committments, and to not be afraid of them saying no, and how to go about responding if they do say no. We are planning on extending a serious committment to our investigator Jason tonight after dinner with him and his family, and help him in whatever way we can to overcome his problem with the Word of Wisdom.Well, things are going really well, and I am learning a ton in my study and work. It's amazing how clear and focused your mind can be when you pray for the Spirit and are willing to act upon the inspiriation you're given when you study and work. I'm am grateful that I have this awesome opportunity to have these experiences I am having. Thank you for all your love and support for me. I hope everything goes well this week. I am way stoked to be an uncle!!! Love Mat