I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Email

Hey everyone! I just set up my email account about 5 seconds ago and I only have 30 min to write emails once a week so I might not be able to tell you everything that has gone on the past week. Today is our district's first p-day. It's nice to be in normal clothes again. Everything has been going really well so far. The first day after you guys all left we had an orientation and met our teachers and zone leaders. A couple of elders were late; one didn't get in until Saturday. My district is really fun. Everyone is pretty smart and has good insight to everything we learn. Elder Piiparinen and I have made a pretty good companionship so far. We've taught the first discussion probably ten times already to other missionaries and teachers pretending to be investigators. Gym time has also been really fun. The indoor gym has been closed because they re-finished the floors so we've played soccer as a district. I'm not too bad at it, and no I haven't broken either of my feet yet. One of the elders in our district, Elder Brawner, is a 24 year old paramedic for the military. He was baptized a year and a half ago in Iraq by other soldiers. He is an extremely funny black guy, and he knows a ton about politics and Christian history, so it's good practice teaching him the first discussion when he acts like an investigator because he was one not too long ago. I can't believe it's already been a week! It was funny too see all the new missionaries come in yesterday and now we finally don't have to be the new elders. I hope everything is going good at home! You guys don't need to worry about me here I'm doing great and I've been having a blast so far. I've felt the Spirit more than ever the past week.

Love, Mat