I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Monday, December 7, 2009

Things to Look Forward To

Hey! This last week has been a pretty good week. P-day we didn't do much, but On Tuesday we got to go sledding with the young men and women for their mutual activity. Elder Smout had never been before, and it's been awhile for me, so it was fun. My tail bone is a little sore because it was really hard and icy. Those hats really came in useful though, and they were really warm. Well, we put someone on date for Baptism this week! This 17 year old girl Nicole has been investigating with the missionaries for awhile, and she is going to be baptized on January 9th. President Dance is letting Elder Smout stay an extra week after transfers so he can baptize her. He's excited about that. This transfer is almost half over already, crazy! Time moves fast. This area is really slow, but the work is still moving. We have 40-50 people at church every week, so the branch isn't too small, but compared to the population of Whitehorse it's tiny. I calculated it in my head, and with 50 people active in a city with 25,000 people, only 2 thousandths of the popualtion are members, or 1/500 of the population. We need to baptize like crazy here so we can change that ratio.

There's not a whole lot to report on this week, because not a whole lot has happened. The Christmas Devotional was really good. We had a couple investigators there so we were happy about that. Oh, and if I didn't mention it before, we ended up having Thanksgiving here with Nicole's family. It was good to have one, because I didn't think I would coming to Canada, but they were nice and decided to cook one for us. Today we got sucked into going to a Pilates session with Nicole and her mom. They have a private instructor ready for us. We are going to get worked over. We were saying how Pilates would be really easy and we would have no problem with it, so they challenged us to a real session. I'll have to let you know how that goes next week when I can barely walk. Alright well that's it I guess. I hope you're all having a great week! Love Mat